Over the past few years, I have been invited by a wide range of media to talk about:
- O Alma de Viajante, the oldest website (continued from 2003, but with intermittent start in 2001), voted Best Professional Travel Blog and Best Travel Blog Elected by the Public in BTL - Blogger Travel Awards of 2015 and 2017, respectively; winner of the Blog category at the Open World Awards 2017 and global winner at 2018; and elected Most Popular Blog in the International Travel Blog Contest of FITUR - Madrid Tourism Fair 2018.
- The first around the world which I had the opportunity to do, with 14 months (2004-05), at a time when almost no one traveled that way;
- O travel book resulting therefrom (2007);
- The project Pikitim's Diary, a round-the-world family reunion for 10 months, accompanied by my then-five-year-old daughter (2012);
- A Hotelandia, a beautiful journalistic project that divulges what is best done in the Portuguese hotel industry (2014);
- My darling Iran and the legendary Persian hospitality;
- Sometimes even on my personal journey change of life, professional motivation and fulfillment of dreams;
- And, more recently, on the creation of ABVP - Portuguese Travel Bloggers Association.
Whether in radio and television programs, in interviews for newspapers and magazines or even in other Blogs of travel. And I do it with pleasure.
Interviews and other media appearances
01.04.2019 | Magazine Around the World, April issue 2019: "Professional blogger with traveler's soul". Interview with journalist Bárbara Cruz about my travels. Read the interview (briefly)
26.11.2018 | João Barrigudo: "Barrigudos Travelers: Filipe Morato Gomes, Alma de Viajante". Interview with the site João Barrigudo, about the gastronomy on the road. Read the interview
12.11.2018 | Evasions: "The trips of Filipe Morato Gomes, professional blogger. " Interview with journalist João Ferreira Oliveira about my travels. Read the interview
13.05.2018 | etc., Newspaper: "Write about travel and inspire others". For a paper on the growing importance of travel writing, journalist Ana Correia Costa interviewed me about my experience in the Alma de Viajante and my opinion on the proliferation of travel blogs. Read the article (pdf)
27.03.2018 | Ambitur: "The choices of ... Filipe Morato Gomes". Read the interview
30.12.2016 | Hello Maria, Port Canal: Participation in the last program of the year of Maria Cerqueira, where we talked about resolutions for the new year - I represented the theme of travel (around the minute 24: 45).
28.11.2016 | It's Alvim's life, Channel Q: Participation in the talk show of Fernando Alvim, where I mentioned the Alma de Viajante, from Iran, and traveling with children. See the video
06.08.2016 | Lusophonies, Radio YES: radio interview conducted by José Manuel Monteiro on my travels (to Iran and not only).
26.06.2016 | Rock in the Air, RFM: radio talk, informal and fun, conducted by Carla Rocha about my life as a traveler. Listen to the interview, divide it into several parts: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 e 9.
13.11.2015 | Jitt Journal: "A traveler 's soul.
Read the interview in English (is no longer online)
16.10.2013 | Around the world ...: "For the world with a blogger... Filipe Morato Gomes". Read the interview
12.04.2013 | João Leitão Travel: "Heading with who travels: Filipe Morato Gomes". Read the interview
18.02.2013 | Porto Alive, Porto Canal: Interview conducted by the journalist Maria Cerqueira, integrated in the section "Conversation with life" of the program Porto Alive.
11.10.2012 | In the wind"Filipe Morato Gomes, a traveler full of soul ". Read the interview
12.01.2012 | First Journal, SIC: SIC spoke with us about the last preparations for the return to the world as a family and accompanied us to the airport Francisco Sá Carneiro on the day of departure. The play, written by journalist Ana Paula Vieira, was aired during the First Journal. Watch vÃdeo
06.01.2012 | Jornal da Tarde, RTP1: From a conversation in our house, the Jornal da Tarde of RTP 1 issued on the day of departure a nice piece about the project Diário da Pikitim, signed by the journalist José Pedro Marques. Watch vÃdeo
01.11.2011 | Other Coordinates: "Preparations for a family reunion". The editor of Other Coordinates interviewed me against my backpacking trips as a background. The interview was published in the 3 issue of the magazine, on newsstands in November of 2011. See the interview (pdf)
01.10.2011 | Leakage: "The New Worlds Jump". For a work on the new "jump-worlds", in which we spoke of half a dozen independent travelers from Portugal, the journalist Andreia Marques Pereira interviewed us about returning to the world as a family. Read the article (pdf)
03.07.2011 | Sooner or later, TSF: "A traveler who guides other travelers (in Iran)". Radio interview conducted by João Paulo Meneses, about the first trip I led to Iran (in the company of Rui Munhoz, one of the travelers of this first - and mythical - edition). Listen to the interview
30.12.2010 | Company of New Year, SIC: TV interview conducted by Merche Romero and Nuno Graciano about changing lives and other trips. Watch the show
23.07.2010 | WE - Online Journal of the University of Minho, where I studied: Interview conducted by journalist Nuno Passos. See the interview (pdf)
26.06.2009 | 5 for midnight, RTP 2: I had the honor of being Luis's guest Filipe Borges in the first week of the first series of the now popular talk show of RTP 1, at the time issued by the second channel of public television. The verb (theme) of this first week was "wandering." (note: I'm trying to get the video from the program).
05.06.2009 | Heading My Passion, Romantic FM: radio interview, with José Candeias.
07.01.2008 | Portugal in the Heart, RTP 1: Guest of João Baião in the entertainment program Portugal no Coração.
09.07.2007 | Change Life, RTP 1: Guest from Change Life. Watch the program (poor quality video).
17.06.2007 | Jornal da Tarde, RTP 1: news about the book launch Alma de Viajante. See the news (poor video)
15.06.2007 | Portugal live, Antenna 1: radio interview, about the launch of the book Alma de Viajante.
08.06.2007 | Minute by Minute, Rádio Clube Português: radio talk about the launch of the book Alma de Viajante.
08.06.2007 | Sooner or later, TSF: radio interview conducted by João Paulo Meneses, about the launch of the book Alma de Viajante.
29.05.2007 | Around the books, 1 Antenna: A very pleasant conversation with the journalist Ana Aranha, about the book Alma de Viajante and the journey that gave rise to it.
02.10.2005 | Days Raised, 1 Antenna: Ana Sousa Dias interview Filipe Morato Gomes about his solitary journey around the world. Listen interview (the program has since ceased to be available in the website of the 1 Antenna).
17.01.2019 | Leakage: "Ten Portuguese travelers we want to follow (until the end of the world)". Read the article
01.01.2019 | MAGG: "The 12 destinations you have to visit on 2019 (experts say)". Read the article
22.11.2018 | Leakage: "It's better alone." Journalist Sónia Calheiros article that includes my testimony about traveling alone.
01.06.2018 | MAGG: "Professional travelers give us 21 tricks to save on the road". Read the article
07.04.2018 | Leakage: "InstaFugas": #fugadoviajante. View magazine (Page 23)
01.05.2017 | SAPO Travel: "Profession: full time traveler". Read the article
01.01.2017 | NiT - New in Town: "A must-see destinations in 2017". Read the article
01.01.2016 | NiT - New in Town: "12 targets you need to know in 2016". | item not available
28.06.2015 | Observer: "Make a tour of the world before primary school". Read the article
15.06.2015 | EDreams Blog: "How to behave in Thailand: the best tips from bloggers on a trip". Read the article
14.02.2015 | Saturday: "10 tricks to save on vacation". Read the article
26.03.2014 | News: "Educate to travel". Read the article
08.12.2011 | Know Living: "Come back to the world as a family". Saber Viver magazine published a work by the journalist Fátima Lopes Cardoso, anticipating a return to the world as a family, with emphasis on some practical aspects about traveling with children. To "uncomplicate". Read the article (pdf)
21.08.2011 | NS: "We are not people of resorts luxurious". NS magazine (meanwhile extinct), an integral part of the Saturday editions of the newspapers Diário de Notícias and Jornal de Notícias, publishes a work about returning to the world as a family. The text is by the journalist Susana Ribeiro (not the meeting on-line).
09.07.2011 | Leakage: "In Focus: Around the World as a Family in 2012". The magazine Leakage, weekly newspaper travel supplement Public, anticipates the return to the family world of 2012. Read the article (pdf)
27.06.2011 | News: "Diary of Pikitim: return to the world as a family". The space on-line of the Communication Sciences course at the University of Porto highlighted the Diário da Pikitim. A beautiful text by Ana Maria Henriques. | item not available
Lectures and conferences
- 24.11.2018 | Earth Rails: Lecture "Algeria", where I shared my trip to that African country.
- 04.04.2018 | Marketing Week of Universidade Nova de Lisboa: The Future of the Travel Industry discussion panel, where I spoke about the importance of bloggers as new forms of digital marketing in tourism promotion.
- 02.12.2017 | National Geographic Exodus Aveiro Fest: Lecture "How a round the world changed my life", in the Nomad Lounge of the festival.
- 13.06.2017 | Conversations Manifesto #3: Talk about how a blog can inspire people.
- 14.05.2016 | LeV- Travel Literature, Matosinhos: Panel on Iran, to talk with Tito Couto.
- 29.11.2015 | Museum of the Orient, Lisbon: Lecture "Iran and the Secrets of Persia" (Nomad Talk)
- 15.12.2014 | Lecture "Professional reinvention" addressed to AEISEC students, Porto.
- | Hall of the Rector of the University of Porto: Lecture "Iran and the Secrets of Persia" (Nomad Talk).
- 25.09.2014 | Tea Route, Porto: "Will go to the table" with Filipe Morato Gomes
- 06.2013 | João de Deus High School, Matosinhos: Tertulia "Diary of Pikitim - the world seen by a child of 5 years", about the return to the world as a family, addressed to Inês colleagues and their parents.
- 23.05.2013 | They will be from Bonjóia, Quinta da Bonjóia, Porto: Tertulia entitled "Diary of Pikitim - return to the world as a family".
- 25.03.2013 | National Meeting of Tourism Students, Peniche: Talk about my life as a traveler.
- 07.02.2013 | They will be from Bonjóia, Quinta da Bonjóia, Porto: Tertulia on Iran.
- 23.01.2013 | Cultural Week of Iran in Cascais: Lecture "The secrets of Persia". Cultural Week of Iran in Cascais, organized by the Embassy of Iran in Portugal.
- 12.12.2007 | Agricultural School of Santo Tirso: "Back to the world" lecture for the students of the school.
- 2005 | Old-to-White Cultural Space, Braga: Tertulia about the 14 months of the trip around the world.
- 29.11.2005 | ESEC - School of Education of Coimbra: Lecture "Alma de Viajante - report of a trip around the world in 14 months ". See the event poster.
- 2013 - 2018 | Workshops Travel Writing Organized by myself (4 to 5 edits per year; See dates and registration)
- 02.03.2016 | Dating Travel Books, Abrantes: Travel Writing Workshop
- 2015 | Gap Year Portugal, Travel Writing Workshop
- 2010 - 2013 | Workshops of Writing of Travel in institutions of great prestige like Restart, the Museum of the East and Write Write (in Lisbon), the Rectory of the University of Porto and the Museum of Serralves (in Porto).
# Articles I wrote for others sites e Blogs
06.09.2016 | Great Wine Capitals: "Golden moments" about Oporto Douro & Moments. See the article
22.03.2016 | Great Wine Capitals: "A Hotel in Harmony with its Vineyards", on the Monverde. See the article
# Articles published in travel magazines
Over the years, I have published hundreds of chronicles and travel reports in Portuguese and Brazilian magazines, with special emphasis on the magazine Fugas. Given the high number of publications I will not share the pdf, because many editions do not have in digital format.
06-07.2017 | My Plan 8 - SATA onboard magazine: "Santiago, color the animation", a short report about the Cape Verdean capital. View magazine (20-26 pages)
14.07.2012 | Folhinha, Folha de São Paulo (Brazil): "Pikitim for the world". About the six months back in the world as a family, the Folha de São Paulo youth supplement published a work about the trip, with cover honors, highlighting some of the best moments of the trip. The texts and photos are my own, with Luísa Pinto. See the article (pdf)
01.11.2010 | Blue Travel # 83: "Mongolia, Overland in the Gobi Desert," a short report about the Cape Verdean capital. View magazine (8-15 pages)
2005-2007 | Magazine My Trip (Brazil): dozens of travel reports, including destinations such as Chile, Cuba and many European countries.
01.07.2005 | A newspaper: "The world after a straw." Text published in the newspaper of the University of Minho about my first return to the world, written after the return of the trip. See the article (pdf)
2001-2015 | Magazine Leakage: almost two hundred chronicles and travel reports. Includes the chronicles of the first around the world; numerous travel reports (the first one I published was on the Mauritius islands); and 40 weekly chronicles on the Pikitim's Diary project, a world tour around the family with the goal of seeing the world through the eyes of a five-year-old. See the compilation of chronicles of the Diary of the Pikitim (pdf)
# Awards and distinctions
2019 | Winner in category blogger in the first edition of the Influencers Travel Fair Award.
2018 | Absolute winner (category Open World) at the Bloggers' Open World Awards promoted by momondo.
2018 | Eleito Most Popular Blog of the world in the FITUR International Travel Bloggers Competition - Madrid Tourism Fair 2018.
2017 | Blog Category Winner in the Bloggers' Open World Awards promoted by momondo.
2017 | Eleito Best Travel Blog Elected by the Public in the Blogger Travel Awards 2017.
2016 | Named Best Professional Travel Blog on Blogger Travel Awards 2016.
2016 | 3X place in the Top 100 International Exchange & Expats Blogs 2016 bab.la.
2015 | Eleito Best Travel Blog Professional Blogger Travel Awards 2015 (Travel Filipe Morato Gomes, now integrated in Alma de Viajante).
2014 | Named Best Professional Travel Blog on Blogger Travel Awards 2014 (Travel Filipe Morato Gomes, now integrated in Alma de Viajante).